Company Accounts Services

Company Accounts and Tax Services

We provide low-cost, fixed fee packages for companies, including full company accounts, abbreviated company accounts, corporation tax returns & computations, and an individual tax return. Once you sign up for a package and if required, we will register your new company and submit any other forms at Companies House for no extra charge, other than the Companies House fees.

We also help you to pay less tax by reviewing your position every quarter, checking that all expenses have been included in the company accounts, that all tax reliefs have been claimed, and your income attracts the lowest rates of tax possible.

Our low monthly fixed fees for companies are shown below. You can also tailor an instant quote to add more company accounts services, such as additional tax returns, payroll, and larger bookkeeping services.

If you are still deciding whether to trade as a company, take a look at our sole trader vs limited company tax calculator and guide. Generally, you save tax by trading as a company, but there are very low and high profits where you may not.


  • £50pcm
  • Company Accounts (full and abbreviated)

  • Company Tax Return and Calculation

  • Quarterly Reviews & Advice

  • Companies House Forms (excl CH fees)

  • Personal Tax Return


  • £60pcm
  • As ANNUAL+ plus:

  • VAT Returns

  • Quarterly Management Accounts


  • £90pcm
  • As QUARTERLY plus:

  • Small Monthly Bookkeeping

  • Monthly Management Accounts

How can we offer fixed fees for company accounts without knowing you?

One of the many benefits of online accounting is that we work with you: from the start; throughout the year; and at the year end. Together we’ll keep your books and management accounts accurate, so when it comes to doing your year end accounts we know everything will be tidy. Then we just have to do the tricky parts, and save you tax, all for a low fixed accountancy fee.

Promised Response Times

Are you fed up waiting for your accountants to answer your questions or prepare your tax returns? We’ve heard that many times before from clients who have moved their accountancy services to us.

We are online accountants doing everything efficiently using cloud technology. So you should expect a faster response time than most traditional accountants. CloudBook Online Accountants are committed to responding quickly to your queries and your online accounting, tax and payroll requirements. In fact, we promise to beat the following response times:

Emails & messages


Payroll, bookkeeping, VAT


Accounts & tax returns


Excluding tax returns if the information is received between 31st October and 31st January. Excluding weekends, bank holidays, holidays and unplanned leave.

About Company Accounts

What are Company Accounts?

Annual company accounts show the financial performance and financial position of a company during and at its financial year end. These are shown on a Profit and Loss Account and a Balance Sheet. Other reports are also included in company accounts, such as a directors report and an accountant’s certificate. Notes form part of the accounts which provide further details to support the main financial statements.

When are they due?

If company accounts are submitted late to Companies House, they will penalise the company. Fines start from £150 increasing over time to £1,500 for private companies. The deadline is usually 9 months following the company’s financial year end date. However, it is usually a little shorter for the first set of accounts and if you change the year end date.

Directors’ Responsibilities

Directors are responsible for filing company accounts and other documents at Companies House. Here are just a few directors’ responsibilities:

    • Late filing of accounts leads to an automatic civil penalty, in the range of £150 to £1,500 for a private company, and £750 to £7,500 for a public company. Failing to file accounts or the annual return on time, or not at all, is also a criminal offence. If you are prosecuted and convicted you could end up with a criminal record and a fine of up to £5,000. You may also be disqualified from acting as a director.
    • The directors also need to check and return the Confirmation Statement which is the information that Companies House holds on the directors, shareholders, persons with significant control and so on.
    • Ensure the company produces and files an annual report and accounts. A director must sign the balance sheet and the board must also approve and sign off the directors’ report. If required by law, an audit of the accounts must also take place.
    • Advise Companies House if you change your registered office address, using form AD01.
    • Advise of changes of directors and Company Secretary.

About Company Tax

Filing Dates of Returns

The corporation tax self-assessment return (CTSA) must be submitted to HMRC along with the accounts and tax computations. The filing deadline for the CTSA return (plus accounts and tax computations) is normally 12 months from the end of the accounting period. If the return is late there are penalties as follows…

  • Up to 3 months late – £100 (increasing to £500 for a third consecutive late return)
  • Over 3 months late – £200 (increased to £1000 for a third consecutive late return)
  • 6 to 12 months late – Extra tax geared penalty of 10% of the unpaid tax.
  • More than 12 months late – 20% of the unpaid tax.

Payment Dates For Corporation Tax

This is usually 9 months and 1 day after the end of the accounting period for small companies. However large companies (£1.5 million of profits) pay under 4 quarterly instalments, that commence 6 months into the accounting period, so they must use an estimate of their eventual tax liability for the year. Companies that form a group may fall into the definition of “large” and be required to pay corporation tax by instalments. Interest runs on late payment.

Get Help With Company Accounts and Tax

Accounting, tax, and company law requirements are constantly changing. Getting things wrong will mean you have unlawful accounts or you pay the wrong tax. So you should always use a qualified accountant to do your company accounts and tax for you.